Johnson County’s Historic Courthouse

September 29, 2011 in City of Wrightsville,Historic Notes...,Johnson County | Comments (0)

Tags: , ,

1915 Johnson County Courthouse

Johnson County’s historic courthouse, built in 1895, was rehabilitated in 1996 after a large group of citizens vehemently protested the Johnson County Commission’s plans to build a new courthouse outside of the downtown area. Several architectural firms were asked to present plans to rehabilitation plans to the community and the firm of Carter Watkins of Monroe, GA, was chosen.
Attached are scans of the history of the Johnson County Courthouse as presented in 1995 by Carter Watkins & Associates.

Current Johnson County Courthouse


Leave a Reply